Please note: The 2017 George Street Festival takes place Jul 27–Aug 2, 2017. The information below is for the 2016 event. When we have info on the 2017 festival, we’ll update this area.
Bud Light presents the 2016 George Street Festival: July 28–Aug 3, 2016
This year we are proud to present another stellar lineup:
• Thu July 28 – Gates 6pm (Tickets $35 +taxes/service fee in advance, $45 day of show)
The Novaks 7pm
The Trews 8pm
Our Lady Peace 9:30pm
• Fri July 29 (Classic Rock Friday) – Gates 5:30pm (Tickets $25 +taxes/service fee in advance, $35 day of show)
Billy & The Bruisers 5:30pm
Bic & The Ballpoints 7pm
Alan Frew 80s/90s Rewind 8:15pm
Platinum Blonde 9:30pm
• Sat July 30 (Newfoundland’s Largest Kitchen Party) – Gates 3pm (Tickets $25 +taxes/service fee in advance, $35 day of show)
Yoga on George 12pm (click here for more info)
Calver Street 2pm
Rum Ragged 3pm
Highland Creek Marching Band f. Glenn Healey 4pm
WORLD’S LARGEST SCREECH-IN CEREMONY 5pm
Celtic Connection 6pm
The Navigators 7:30pm
Lamb’s Nation Anthem 9:10pm
The Mahones 9:30pm
• Sun July 31 – Gates 6pm (Tickets $20 +taxes/service fee in advance, $30 day of show)
The Black Sheep 7pm
April Wine 9:30pm
• Mon Aug 1 – Gates 6pm (Tickets $25 +taxes/service fee in advance, $35 day of show)
July Talk 8pm
• Tue Aug 2 – Gates 6pm (Tickets $30 +taxes/service fee in advance, $40 day of show)
Kellie Loder 7pm
The East Pointers 8pm
Alan Doyle & The Beautiful Gypsies 9:30pm
• Wed Aug 3 – Gates 6pm (Tickets $25 +taxes/service fee in advance, $35 day of show)
Masterless Men 8pm
The annual George Street Festival has grown to become an iconic event in the St. John’s calendar – a must attend attraction for tourists and residents alike. Over 40,000 people party on the “biggest little street in North America” for 6 straight days leading into the annual Regatta Day civic holiday.
The George Street Festival has featured well-known, world class acts including Blue Rodeo, Barenaked Ladies, Our Lady Peace, Great Big Sea, Hey Rosetta!, Dropkick Murphys, Kenny Rogers, The Wallflowers, Dr. Hook, Serena Ryder, Glass Tiger, Third Eye Blind, Honeymoon Suite, George Thorogood & The Destroyers, April Wine and Trooper amongst many more.
Additionally, the George Street stage has played host to local favorites such as Alan Doyle, Repartee, The Navigators, Masterless Men, Shanneyganock, Celtic Connection, The Dardanelles, Andrew James O’Brien and the Idlers, to name just a few.
The George Street Association’s commitment to big name bands and quality entertainment continues year after year.
The 2016 George Street Festival will take place July 28 – Aug 3, 2016.
Visit www.sja.ca for more information.
George Street Festival promo video (previous festivals):